A Brief History of Our Church
Saint George Church was founded in 1922 in Trenton, New Jersey with a membership of forty families. Most of the original families were from the islands of Andros and Chios in Greece. In 1924 a home at 106 Jackson Street was purchased to be renovated into the first permanent church. In 1952 Jackson Street was outgrown and the parish purchased the Second Presbyterian Church at Mercer Market Streets which were renovated. In 1969 the General Assembly approved the purchase of the Klockner Road Hamilton, NJ property as the site of the new complex. The complex was completed in three phases-the church building, the community center and the cultural center. The existing Community & Cultural Center that consists of classrooms, meetings rooms, storage, kitchen, large hall, was completed in 2000. Since 2000, the beautification phase has begun with the dome of the church proper being completed with iconography in November 2005. The parish is now approximately 375 parishioner households.
On October 15th, 2017 our church was consecrated by His Eminence Metropolitan Evangelos and the holy relics of Saint George the Great Martyr, Saint Pateleimon the Great Martyr and Healer, and The Holy Fathers Martyred in the Monastery of the Pantokratoros in Dauo Pentelis were sealed into the altar .